Saturday, December 10, 2011

holiday sing-along — novelty songs

One last holiday song post. I can't forget these goofy holiday ditties. Some are definitely trying to be humorous, and some are just plain wacky:

The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late), The Chipmunks & David Seville
My daughter loves the nouveau chipmunks, but I have promised myself we won't go see their new movie Chipwrecked. Really. Please?


Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Elmo & Patsy
Not sure why their B-side, Percy, the Puny Poinsettia, never caught on.


Jingle Bells, by the Singing Dogs
Probably my favorite of the novelty songs. The cats hate this one.


I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Gayla Peevey
I heard this one for the first time just a year or so ago. It has a weird, interesting history.


Snoopy's Christmas, The Royal Guardsmen
The followup to "Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron," with a holiday theme.


Nuttin' For Christmas, by Art Mooney and Barry Gordon
Lots of kids in the '50s and '60s were probably threatened with this song by their parents.


All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth, by Donald Yetter Gardner
The song was originally written in 1944, but this video doesn't just seem from another time, but another planet.


I'm not sure what it is about Christmas that brings out the goofy. There are only so many times a person can listen to Oh Holy Night I guess, before they crack. Did I forget any of your favorite, offbeat titles?
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment