Tuesday, July 30, 2013

come fly with me

I haven't been on a plane in a long time — mom's dementia kept us closer to home, and before that the kid was small, so most of the time people came to me for a visit. I figured I better brush up on what I could or couldn't take on a plane, as rules have changed since the last time I was in the air. As I was perusing the TSA website this paragraph in the prohibited items section jumped out at me.


I have to admit that I am as befuddled by the imposed threat of snow globes as I would be by the frequency of travelers needing to fly with them. Anybody able to explain this to me?

"Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces (approximately tennis ball size) will be permitted if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit in the same one clear, plastic, quart-sized, re-sealable bag, as the passenger’s other liquids, such as shampoo, toothpaste and cosmetics."

I have been warned, and will ensure that any snow globe I choose to travel with in future meets these rigorous standards.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment