Thursday, August 28, 2014

throwback thursday: back to school

The kid is now in her second week of fifth grade. Here we go again, having to buy school supplies and pack lunches (or pad her school lunch account.) All the rushing around and saying goodbye to summer got me thinking back to a simpler time, my school daze ...

Dad cut my bangs crooked again, but I'm all smiles, third row, second from the right (Kindergarten)
I must not be the only one waxing nostalgic, as there have been some fun back-to-school related posts circulating online. One of them definitely struck a chord, as it compared going back to school in the '70s versus today. I must have been deprived, as I never had a cool TV show-themed lunch box and thermos. It was always a paper bag lunch and an ugly plain plaid-patterned thermos for me. Ahhh youth ...

2 comments:

Susan {ofeverymoment} said...

I usually don't watch the Emmys, for many of the reasons you mentioned. The tribute to Robin Williams was worth sitting through the rest however, and got me thinking about the sort of awards we should be giving out. The post I wrote for my blog that night outlined my idea - What do you think of a "Williams Award?"

xoxoxoe said...

I love the idea of A Williams award - loved your post on your blog, too : )

Post a Comment