Friday, April 10, 2015

favorite song friday: the ballad of lucy jordan

Flipping through my iTunes the other day I came across this oldie but goodie from Marianne Faithfull, "The Ballad of Lucy Jordan." Her album, Broken English, was huge with all of my art school friends and myself. I think I first became aware of the song when it was featured in a Swedish film, Montenegro. We had the album on nonstop rotation in the '80s. The ethereal tune also shows up on the soundtrack of Thelma and Louise.




... She could clean the house for hours
Or rearrange the flowers
Or run naked through the shady street
Screaming all the way

At the age of 37
She realized she'd never ride
Through Paris in a sports car
With the warm wind in her hair ...

The lyrics are written by Shel Silverstein (!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment