Wednesday, December 31, 2014

it's been quite a year ...

As with any year there have been difficult times and fun ones. It's amazing that my mom is doing (relatively) well and still hanging in there, after her fall of over a year ago, but it is also very hard at times to see how narrow her life has become.

Untitled
Xmas with Grandma

My daughter continues to grow and flourish and is amazing.

Untitled
Sand sculpture

IMG_0420
The kid

My journey to get strong and healthy continues. I have changed a lot this year — what and how I eat, and continue to try and do things that will keep us thriving. Apart from my yearly mammogram I haven't had any other scans of that sort this year, which is a major accomplishment, considering what I went through the previous year.

Untitled
What a view

I am trying to appreciate  our lovely surroundings - our home, our environment. That may seem a no-brainer for some, but coming to Florida, although something I did voluntarily, also had a lot of guilt attached to it, especially after my mom fell. here we still are in her lovely home and she is in a nursing home just a few minutes away. I know, I know ... but I am just finally starting to feel like I belong here and I am sure that will get better as time goes on.

We never stop learning or growing. Here's wishing you all a wondrous 2015.

Untitled
Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment