Tuesday, December 25, 2018

favorite movie #120 - holiday edition: when harry met sally ...

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #120 - When Harry Met Sally ... (1989) - This movie is so much more than the famous Katz's Deli scene. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are perfectly matched as two people who wonder if men and women can ever really just be friends. Helping them find the answer are Carrie Fisher and Bruno Kirby. Ryan's "high-maintenance" Sally may always ask for everything "on the side," but don't we all want things the way we want them? The movie culminates in a great New York New Year's Eve scene.


Harry Burns (Billy Crystal): There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright (Meg Ryan): Which one am I? 
Harry: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance. 
Sally: I don't see that. 
Harry: You don't see that? Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side. And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you. 
Sally: Well, I just want it the way I want it. 
Harry: I know; high maintenance.





Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment