Saturday, December 01, 2018

favorite movie #96 - holiday edition: how the grinch stole christmas!

Picking up with my favorite movies list, just in time for the holidays ... Let's see if I can come up with 25 ... I'm giving myself a little leeway here, as I'm allowing TV specials as well as feature-length films. It's my list, my rules, so there.

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #96 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) - This is the only Grinch as far as I'm concerned. The narration by Boris Karloff, the animation by Chuck Jones (inspired by its Dr. Seuss source), the vocals by Thurl Ravenscroft and songs by Albert Hague — all perfection.



You're a mean one, Mr Grinch
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. Grinch!
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel!



You're a monster, Mr. Grinch!
Your heart's an empty hole
Your brain is full of spiders
You've got garlic in your soul
Mr. Grinch!
I wouldn't touch you
With a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!


You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch!
You have termites in your smile
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile
Mr. Grinch!
Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crocodile!



You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch!
You're a nasty, wasty skunk!
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk
Mr. Grinch!
The three words that best describe you
Are as follows, and I quote
"Stink, stank, stunk!"


You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch!
You're the king of sinful sots!
Your heart's a dead tomato
Splotched with moldy, purple spots
Mr. Grinch!
Your soul is an apalling dump-heap
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
Assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable
Mangled-up in tangled-up knots!


You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch!
With a nauseous super naus!
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss
Mr. Grinch!
You're a three-decker sauerkraut
And toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!

Lyrics by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, Music by Albert Hague


Link to Christmas: What's more Christmassy than the Grinch?

0 comments:

Post a Comment