Thursday, October 09, 2008

some things that I am learning


Cheese is the devil. As a person of Italian descent, it is hard for me to say this, but it really is. I know part of this is that dairy is just harder to digest as one grows older, but if you are looking to lose weight, I guarantee that if you swear off cheese for a month you will see a remarkable difference. And life just runs smoothly...

Ditto with soda. There is no such thing as diet soda. It may not have sugar in it, but it will still make you fat. Don't believe the marketing hype. If you stop drinking any kind of soda, you will lose weight. I'm no soda-Nazi, but I do believe in moderation. A girl needs a Dr. Pepper from time to time, and that green tea ginger ale is pretty darn good. Just not on a regular basis.

You don't need to shampoo your hair every day, but you should condition it. This is a little trick that I have been doing for about a year. I "rinse" it with water in the shower and then condition it, but I am only really washing it once a week and it is less fly-away. Lather, rinse, repeat is yet another marketing ploy.

Sometimes you can save money, if you just ask. I called the cable company when my bill suddenly went up due to taxes or fees, and told them that I just didn't want to pay that much. After a little research into alternate "packages" they found me a better bundle and I am paying half as much. Not too bad.

These are just small steps, but it is heartening to think that I might actually learn a few things as I get older. Taking it easy, baby-steppin...

0 comments:

Post a Comment