Friday, January 02, 2009

100 things to do before you die

a fun list, via marmite lover's blog:

1. Started my own blog - yes
2. Slept under the stars - I'm no camper, but when I turned twenty, I was visiting my parents in Waretown, NJ and went out in the back yard and lay down in the grass and stared at the sky for a half hour or so, enjoying the rite of passage
3. Played in a band- sang back-up on a friend's song
4. Visited Hawaii -no
5. Watched a meteor shower - no
6. Given more than I can afford to charity - $$$ no, but I purge and donate stuff regularly
7. Been to Disneyland/World - yes, both
8. Climbed a mountain - no
9. Held a praying mantis - no
10. Sung a solo - yes, in an off-off-off Broadway show, Return to Glutten
11. Bungee jumped - no way, not ever!
12. Visited Paris - yes, once on my own twice on tours/trips
13. Watched lightning at sea - no
14. Taught myself an art from scratch - yes, drawing, painting, etc., etc.
15. Adopted a child - no
16. Had food poisoning - yes
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - no, lived in NY almost 20 years, but never went
18. Grown my own vegetables - yes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa - yes
20. Slept on an overnight train - yes
21. Had a pillow fight - yes
22. Hitchhiked - no, my dad had written too many stories...
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - yes
24. Built a snow fort - yes, attempted, at least
25. Held a lamb - no
26. Gone skinny dipping - no
27. Run a Marathon - no
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - no, but have been there twice, walked all over the beautiful city, experienced acqua alta...
29. Seen a total eclipse - yes, on my dad's telescope, even
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - yes
31. Hit a home run - yes, 7th grade, won the game for our team, too (then puberty hit, never got another hit)
32. Been on a cruise - yes, cruised the Nile, and to Freeport for a day
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - yes
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - yes, I've been to England and Torino, still need to get to Palermo
35. Seen an Amish community - no, just seen them visit my cities as tourists
36. Taught myself a new language - yes, French, Spanish, Italian
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - money doesn't satisfy, but if I'm not worrying about it, I'm OK
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - no
39. Gone rock climbing - no
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - yes
41. Sung karaoke - yes, my brother had a karaoke wedding reception!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - no
44. Visited Africa - yes, Egypt so far, but would also love to go to Botswana, and also see animals on safari
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance - no
47. Had my portrait painted - yes by my dad, my mom, my ex, myself
48. Gone deep sea fishing - no
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - yes
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - yes
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - no
52. Kissed in the rain - yes
53. Played in the mud - yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - yes
55. Been in a movie - yes, I think - not sure if it was ever released
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - no
57. Started a business - no
58. Taken a martial arts class - no
59. Visited Russia - no
60. Served at a soup kitchen - no
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies - no, but sold plenty of oranges and grapefruit for the drill team, now wrapping paper for the preschool
62. Went Whale Watching - no
63. Got flowers for no reason - yes
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes
65. Gone sky diving - no
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no thank you
67. Bounced a check - yes
68. Flown in a helicopter - no
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - yes
71. Eaten caviar - yes
72. Pieced a quilt - yes
73. Stood in Times Square - yes
74. Toured the Everglades - yes
75. Been fired from a job - yes
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London - no
77. Broken a bone - no
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - no
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - no, so far just flew over it
80. Published a book - no
81. Visited the Vatican - yes
82. Bought a brand-new car- no
83. Walked in Jerusalem - no
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- yes
85. Read the entire Bible - no
86. Visited the White House - no
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - no
88. Had chickenpox - yes
89. Saved someone’s life - maybe
90. Sat on a jury- yes and found someone guilty - it was horribly depressing
91. Met someone famous - yes
92. Joined a book club - no
93. Lost a loved one - yes
94. Had a baby - yes
95. Seen the Alamo in person - no
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - no
97. Been involved in a law suit - no
98. Owned a cell phone - just one?
99. Been stung by a bee - yes
100. Ridden an elephant - yes

It's fun to be reminded of some of these things that I've done, maybe surprised myself with some, and realize that there's plenty left to do!

1 comments:

Post a Comment