Thursday, January 22, 2009

already Obama's making things better

I got a free hot chocolate at the National Gallery Sculpture Garden cafe this afternoon.

I was standing in line for my hot chocolate and the server skipped me and started to take the next group's order.

"Excuse me," I said politely, "I think you skipped me."

"What do you want?"

"Hot chocolate, please." She then proceeded to wait on the others, getting them their sandwiches and taking their drink orders. The lady next to me had overheard my order and thought hot chocolate sounded good, too, so they ordered two hot chocolates with their food. The server started to pour the hot chocolates - two - and pass me by. Again.

"Excuse me, but I think you skipped me. Again."

She frowned and passed one of the hot chocolates to me. I advanced to the register where the young lady behind the counter said, "Don't worry, I've got you covered." I tried to pay, but she smiled and waved me ahead.

As I sat down with my free hot chocolate I figured that she was trying to make up for her surly coworker.

As I unbuttoned my coat, it also struck me - maybe it's the bling on my lapel?

And Obama closed Guantanamo today, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment