Saturday, July 04, 2009

the wrath of Khan

Sorry, trekkies, as much as I love me some Cappy Kirkie, that's not what this is about.

One step forward, two steps back.

This is how I felt last night when my daughter was crying hysterically about her shirt getting wet (?!) and me trying to get her to stop, shut up, calm down, anything but the horrible noise she was making. This was also after two other earlier in the day brat-moments: 1. our not getting cookies at Safeway (we picked them out, but they were never rung up, so no cookies in the bag when we got home) and 2. having to take a bath instead of a shower.

Sigh. I just need to walk away in these sorts of situations and not let myself get caught up in her five year-old over/emotion/reaction...but it ain't easy...and even when I KNOW this, it's not always easy to DO this.

I'm not proud of feeling this way, but sometimes it's a KKKHHHAAANNN moment...

0 comments:

Post a Comment