Friday, November 30, 2012

last xmas and snow in florida

Last night we went to check out the Christmas tree at City Place, a local shopping area. Not only is the tree impressive, but every night at 6 and 7 p.m. it also "snows" there. My daughter and the crowd was delighted as the flakes fluttered around us.

photo

To add to her enjoyment, the music playing while it snowed over the sound system was Wham's "Last Christmas."That is far from my favorite holiday tune, as I find George Michael's breathy, Marilyn-esque line readings a bit hard to take.

But the kid loves the song, especially the recent cover by teen queen Taylor Swift.


She proceeded to explain the song's chorus to me line by line:

Last Christmas I gave you my heart - That means that last year the girl fell in love with a boy
But the very next day, you gave it away - But then he decided to date another girl
This year, to save me from tears - Now this year, so that she doesn't have to start crying
I'll give it to someone special - She's going to fall in love with someone else


I still don't like the song very much, but I like her line readings. And I like the tree and the Florida "snow."
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment