Friday, October 25, 2013

favorite song friday: different strokes

So many people, so many different tastes and attitudes about music, life. My daughter told me about something that happened the other day when she was being given a ride somewhere by my cousin, who is staying with us for a while. A popular song that has been getting loads of airplay, "I Love It," by Icona Pop, came up on the car radio. It's irreverent, bouncy, and catchy as hell. My daughter started singing along, and my cousin abruptly (in the kid's view) turned it off. She didn't like "the message."

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your sh** into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it.
I don't care.



Yes, it's a rant as much as a song, but sometimes you have to get your ya yas out. I  have no fears that my daughter will grow up and start crashing cars into bridges and watching them burn. If I had been driving, I would have turned it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment