Monday, February 23, 2015

the decline of western civilization as we know it

Are these signs of the apocalypse? Maybe not, but things have popped up on my pop culture radar lately that made me wonder what the heck are people thinking these days ...


Item number one for consideration, Usher's new song, "I Don't Mind."

Shawty, I don’t mind
If you dance on a pole
That don’t make you a ho
Shawty, I don’t mind when you work until three
If you’re leaving with me
Go make that money, money, money
Your money, money, money
Cause I know how it is, go and handle your biz
And get that money, money, money
Your money, money, money
You can take off your clothes
Long as you coming home, girl, I don’t mind

Really, Usher? Thanks for the permission and your approval. The lyrics only get classier [not] as the song continues.

Also questionable is an ad running frequently for the television game show Family Feud, starring Steve Harvey, that went viral on the show earlier this month. When asked to provide a popular answer to the question: "What does a doctor pull out of a person?" a female contestant named Darci blurted out, "A gerbil!" How much fun for parents to try to avoid explaining why she might have said that.

Maybe I just need to turn off the TV and the radio for a while ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment