Friday, November 22, 2013

favorite song friday: counting stars

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons are learnt


This song has been out for a while, but every time I hear it I can't help but get caught up in some of the lyrics' poetry and how the song isn't afraid to shift tone a few times. It's got a lot of forward momentum. Watching the video is a hoot, too. It's a little on the slow-tech side, which I like. Enigmatic, but the band just doing their thing. "Counting Stars" is just a good song.



Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told
I feel something so right
Doing the wrong thing
I feel something so wrong
Doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

...

Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard,
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars

OneRepublic "Counting Stars," written by Ryan Tedder

0 comments:

Post a Comment