Friday, November 29, 2013

favorite song friday: fun boy three

It's hard for me to pick just one song to like from this band, which was part of the evolution of musician Terry Hall, from his original band The Specials, to Fun Boy Three, The Colourfield, and beyond.

Fun Boy Three, L-R: (Neville Staple, Terry Hall, and Lynval Golding)

I had both of the band's albums, Fun Boy Three and Waiting, on cassette tapes, and played them until they wore out. I also bought (and loved) The Colourfield's Virgins and Philistines, which included a glorious cover of The Roche's "Hammond Song." I have a few FB3 songs on my iPod today, and am happy to say that the kid seems to like them too. Her favorite is "It Ain't What You Do," which they did with Bananarama. Ahhh, the '80s ...


I always loved this song, too, the topical "The More I See (The Less I Believe)." It includes a brief cameo by The Talking Heads' David Byrne, who produced their second album Waiting:


"Hammond Song," from Virgins and Philistines:

1 comments:

Tarcisio Santos de Salles said...

Than you! For you too!

Post a Comment