Thursday, November 21, 2013

happy birthday, pop

My dad may have been the quiet, studious one in the family, but when it came time to take a group photo, he was usually the biggest goofball. Can you spot him?

family

Here he's just a baby, and in danger of sliding off the settee.
Baby Joseph & John Massimo Periale, c. 1925

Copping a studly pose on the beach.
Joseph & James at the beach, c. 1935

As he got older he was usually behind the camera, but at my uncle's house he got corralled into a group photo on the front stoop
unclejimshouse

One of my favorite photos of him, taken by my mom, while they honeymooned in Nassau.
dad-honeymoon

2 comments:

Tarcisio Santos de Salles said...

Don't say me your dad birthday was the same of the mine?!

Tarcisio Santos de Salles said...

Don't say me your dad birthday is the same of the mine!

Post a Comment