Sunday, August 26, 2018

favorite movie #18 : after hours

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #18 - After Hours (1985) - You can have Raging Bull and Goodfellas. For me, this is Martin Scorsese at his best (along with his short about a painter, “Life Lessons,” from New York Stories). Griffin Dunne discovers how dangerous it is to go downtown, as he is led from one strange experience to even stranger ones late at night in SoHo. A great cast of characters, including Rosanna Arquette, Teri Garr, Linda Fiorentino, and John Heard are along for the ride.
Paul Hackett (Griffin Dunne) has no money for a subway token] 
Paul: Couldn't you just give me one token, please? 
Subway Attendant: I can't do that. I may lose my job. 
[Paul looks around and sees no one else in the station] 
Paul: Well, who would know... exactly? 
Subway Attendant: I could go to a party, get drunk, talk to someone... who knows?







0 comments:

Post a Comment