Sunday, August 26, 2018

favorite movies #20: the big picture

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #20 - The Big Picture (1989) - Christopher Guest has made a name for himself (and given me tons of laughs) with great mockumentaries like Waiting for Guffman and Best In Show. But I think my favorite of his films may be this, his first one. Kevin Spacey is a talented(?) film grad who experiences the best and worst of Hollywood and his own ambitions. And it's funny as hell. Martin Short steals the movie with his amazing portrayal as agent Neil Sussman.
Neil Sussman (Martin Short): I don't know you. I don't know your work. But I think you are a genius. And I am never wrong about that. ... I'm very, very aware ... that you are seeing other agents. And I think it's good that you are. Finally, I mean it's healthy. But, this is the thing. If you decide to sign with me, you're gonna get more than an agent. You're gonna get three people. [Holds up four fingers] You're gonna get an agent, a mother, a father, a shoulder to cry on, someone who knows this business inside and out. And if anyone ever tries to cross you, I'll grab them by the balls and squeeze 'til they're dead.





0 comments:

Post a Comment