Sunday, August 26, 2018

favorite movie #17: young frankenstein

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #17 - Young Frankenstein (1974) - This is one of those movies that I could probably say most of the dialog along with the actors from beginning to end. If I wasn't laughing. Everyone is at their peak performance, and the B&W photography is beautiful to look at, too.

Igor (Marty Feldman): Dr. Frankenstein ... 
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein (Gene Wilder): "Fronkensteen." 
Igor: You're putting me on. 
Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen." 
Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"? 
Frankenstein: No ... "Frederick." 
Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"? 
Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen." 
Igor: I see. 
Frankenstein: You must be Igor. [He pronounces it ee-gor] 
Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor." 
Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor." 
Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?







0 comments:

Post a Comment