Sunday, September 23, 2018

favorite movie #52: vertigo

Favorite movies that have had an impact on me - #52 - Vertigo (1958) - I saw Vertigo for the first time, and in a theater during its 1983 restoration/re-release. Wow.


I still remember to this day the hypnotic scene when Jimmy Stewart's Scottie is following Kim Novak's Madeleine and she walks into a flower shop from an alley back door. The alley is dark and dirty and the door is made of wood. I can swear when voyeuristic Scottie opens the wooden for a crack to see Madeleine surrounded by beautiful, colorful lush blooms I got a whiff of fragrant flowers myself.
Scottie (James Stewart) spies on Madeleine (Kim Novak)

Vertigo is Hitchcock's most person film and undoubtedly his masterpiece.







Judy (Kim Novak): If I let you change me, will that do it? If I do what you tell me, will you love me?


Related:

happy alfred hitchcock day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment