Wednesday, January 06, 2010

cool for cats

And meanwhile at the station
There's a couple of likely lads
Who swear like how's your father
And they're very cool for cats


To change the mood a little
I've been posing down the pub
On seeing my reflection
I'm looking slightly rough

We've been listening to some of my old CDs lately in the car and this song never fails to make me smile. It's one of the few Squeeze songs where Chris Difford takes the lead, rather than Glenn Tilbrook's sweet tenor. And Jools Holland is having too much fun. I saw these guys play so many times back in my good old New York days . . . Plus, the video is a riot. Yes, that was the beginning of the eighties . . .

I said I'll see you later
And I give her some old chat
But it's not like that on the TV
When it's cool for cats

0 comments:

Post a Comment